Странице

2014/04/01

Deadstock silk


There is a lot of things that I learned and inherited from my mum. She has always had a great style, reduced and simple, but top quality no matter if she bought it or made it, cause she sew a lot as well. Oh, those were the good old days. No labels were priority, but the way and fabric clothing were made of. And I can't help feeling that nowadays things just had gone in totally different direction. While I'm not saying that there is no more clothes or fabric like it used to, I just feel pretty lonely turning clothes inside out to find and read composition tag of that item I'd like in my wardrobe. 
Anyway, considering everything sad above, I feel happy from head to toes when I stumble on some of my mum's old fabric stocks, that she has had buying for years, and maybe luckily for me she had no time to use. Like this yellow one. She thought to make a blouse, but I made this dress.

Mnogo toga sam naučila i nasledila od svoje mame. Oduvek je imala stil vredan pažnje, sveden i jednostavan, sa sjajnim komadima, bez obzira na to da li ih je kupovala ili sama pravila. Jer i ona je mnogo toga šila u svoje vreme. O, to su bili dobri stari dani. Etikete sa imenima nisu bile prioritet, već način i materijali od kojih je odeća pravljena. I ne mogu da se otrgnem mišljenju da su stvari danas otišle u potpuno drugom smeru. Dok ne govorim da danas nema takve garderobe ili materijala (a da pri tom ne koštaju bogatstvo), osećam se prilično usamljeno dok izvrćem stvari naopačke da nađem specifikaciju i sadržaj maerijala tog komada koji bih volela u svom ormaru.
Zbog svega gore rečenog, budem presrećna kad naletim na njene stare zalihe materijala, koje je kupovala godinama, i srećom po mene nije stigla da iskoristi. Kao ovu žutu svilu. Ona je mislila da pravi bluzu. Ali ja sam napravila ovu haljinu.





Outfit details:
open back silk dress_fashion tailored
patent leather belt_mona
jacket_not sure
shoes_zara (aw 2012/2013)
clutch_zara (obviously, my favorite)
sunglasses_mango (ss 2007)

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар